Thought 4 the day

Friday 4 May 2007

Celebrity Friday

Today's Celebrity Friday continues our 'Meet the Team' theme.

We are proud to introduce Edwin. Edwin is a General Manager:

Hi there. I'm Edwin, we're not formal here, no need to call me sir, but 'The Boss' or 'Governor' will do very nicely. Not that we'll be involved in much one-to-one interfacing, unless you give me cause for concern. But you're not going to do that are you - give me cause for concern? Come in early, leave late and whilst you're here, work hard. And also, wearing a short skirt wouldn't do any harm. OK. Now , let's throw a couple of ideas at the concept wall and see if any of them stick.

Right.
I'll get some in a minute.
I'm a whizz at ideas. Quite an ideas man.

A creative whirlpool of erm, creativity.

OK. This paradigm isn't firming up for me so I'll toss it onto the back burner and we'll pencil in a conference call for next month.

So that's that dealt with. God I'm good. Anyway, here's a joke I heard recently:

    A sales rep at a luxury hotel, an admin assistant and the general manager
    are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp.
    They rub it and a genie comes out.

    The genie says, “I’ll give each of you just one wish.”

    “Me first, me first,” says the admin assistant.

    “I want to be in the Bahamas driving a speedboat without a care in the world.” Puff, she’s gone

    The sales manager says, “Me next, me next—

    I want to be in Hawaii on the beach with my personal masseuse,

    an endless supply of pina coladas and

    the love of my life.”

    Puff, she’s gone.

    OK, you’re up,” the genie says to the GM.

    He says, “I want those two back in the office after lunch.”

    Moral of the story: Always let your boss have the first say.


    Ciao.

    That was Edwin.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Sincerely,

    T4td

    We're behind you.





No comments: