Thought 4 the day

Friday 16 February 2007

Celebrity Friday

Time really flies.

Today's celebrity is a singer. She's had a difficult time recently, her life descending into a downward spiral of addiction, desolation and making a fool of herself in public.

No, it isn't Britney Spears. I'm sure she is a charming young woman and will one day live out a quiet but useful life collecting cans for recycling.

In fact, our celebrity is called Sharon. She is 45 years old and she has never actually made a recording - she just sings a lot. All day and all night. There's nothing anyone can do - they can't seem to get the dosages right. Sharon was reluctant to be our celebrity, but after a brief altercation with the orderlies, she finally agreed. Here is her thought:

There's no business like show business, I'm gonna wash that man right outta my mind, I'm singing in the nude, I don't want to spoil the part so I'll cry if I want to, Michelle my hell, Yesterday all my troubles were so unforgettable that's what you say, say, say what you want, but don't play games with my generation my medication, my medication, my medication.

At that point, Sharon believed she was a stuck gramophone so we made our excuses and left. We did agree to pass on Sharon's request for backing vocalists. Please apply in person to D Wing - just follow the sound.

Sincerely,
T4td Corp.
A voice in the darkness.

No comments: