Thought 4 the day

Friday 20 April 2007

Celebrity Friday

After last weeks little debacle (see here), which we can only put down to it being Friday the 13th, we would like to assure our readers that the management team at T4td are seriously medicated - sorry, we meant 'dedicated' - and are not in the habit of bunking off early on a Friday, going to the pub and not coming back. To which we'd like to add... er, no ice thanks, I prefer it neat... to which we'd like to add our sincere... no, no lemon either... to add our heart-felt... oh, hang on, get us a packet of peanuts, no, I hate dry roasted I don't know what that brown dusty coating is but I have my suspicions it comes from the rancid nether regions of a scabies-ridden yak... to add our half-felt, we mean half-full, no hateful, no, we erm, oh bugger it. Now we'll have to start all over again.

Or just give up.

Today's celebrity is this guy sitting right next to me. He does something with advertising back at the office. I don't know what exactly, but it's something to do with having lunch. Anyway, he's my best friend he is, my bestest friend in the whole world an I love him. I do. Even when he had a go at my girlfriend behind my back at that party. Yes, I did know about that. You should see his face. But I forgave him. I did. And, to be fair, he never even told my wife about it. That's being a mate that is. Here's his thought:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he'll teach everyone else and they'll settle down and have families and carry on fishing and fishing until there's no fish left, and then they'll all be in trouble. Stands to reason.

That was a thought from my friend Chris from the advertising department.

You what? You're called Tony? And you work where? In the fish market?

Oh dear.

I suppose it's too late to start again. I'll just have one more drink, then I'll have another crack at it.

T4td
Making it a large one.

No comments: